The International Institute of Sustainable Transportation (INIST) is a 501c(3) non-profit organization responsible, together with its Swedish cousin, the Institute for Sustainable Transportation (IST), for Podcar.org. This joint INIST-ISTeffort is done in order to disseminate and promote sustainable transportation ideas and technology based on Automated Transit Network (ATN) concepts. The terms PRT and GRT are also sometimes used. Please see Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_rapid_transit for more information.
INIST's mission is:
- To promote new modes of sustainable transportation through gathering and disseminating high quality information and research;
- To support automated, effective and safe modes of transportation that add value to existing transportation systems;
- To establish and promote programs of public information, education, and scientific research consistent with the goals of the organization;
- To promote these purposes through collaboration with and coordination of similar efforts by other corporations, individuals, public agencies, and public officials;
- To inform the decision-making process at the household, corporate, local, state, national, and international levels in order to guide action toward intelligent mitigating responses to the looming reality of limited and declining oil and gas resources.
INIST homepage: http://INIST.org/
The Institute for Sustainable Transportation (IST) is a for-profit organization based in Stockholm, Sweden. IST is headed by CEO Magnus Hunhammar who has extensive knowledge and experience with ATN technology from extensive studies, research and hands-on work.
IST homepage: http://istcab.com/